The significant objectives of the Labour Information Management System are:
- To build the capacity within the Labour and Human Resource Department
- To collect and analyse available labour market data
- To promote research through mutual sharing of information, draw future market trends and market knowledge of related fields along with providing infrastructure and facilities for research, promotion and dissemination of user friendly information to public by establishing a Labour Market Informal Cell.
- The project aims to build the electronic infrastructure as a backbone of the department and an informational hub for the government and public.
Enlisted below are the major components:
- Punjab labour market trend reports
- Computerization of Labour Inspection System