Labour & Human Resource Department Punjab is established under the Punjab Government Rules of Business, 1974.
“Promoting the Welfare and Protecting the Rights of Labour Force and Workmen”.
The Labour & Human Resource Department is essentially concerned with the:
- Protects the rights of workmen and labour force
- Promotion of healthy labour management and industrial relations for greater socio-economic progress and development
- Lays equal stress on their housing, health, safety and protection in order to make them more committed to their work
- Prevention of Child & Bonded Labour keeping in view the national and international standards
The Punjab Labour and Human Resource Department, consists of the following wings:
- Directorate General of Labour Welfare
- Punjab Employees Social Security Institution
- Punjab Workers Welfare Board
- Minimum Wages Board
- Labour Courts